If you believe like we do that celebrating differences is great then help support the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans. When you get involved, you can make a difference in the lives of those living with autism. Here’s how you can get involved:
Stay in the Know
- Sign up to receive the latest information and resources through our e-newsletter.
- Follow The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans on
- Talk to your Loved Ones
- Start a conversation today. Simply by talking about autism and the important steps people can take to help will show support for individuals and families living with autism.
- Link to downloadable pocket guide
- Use your voice. Take action and stand up for individuals and families living with autism.
Learn about the issues impacting individuals and families living with autism.
- Check out all of the amazing resources provided by Families Helping Families of Greater New Orleans
- Contact our Autism Helpline by calling us at 504-464-5733 OR by emailing us at email@example.com. We are here to help you find resources and services in our local area, provide information and education, and offer support to all in the Greater New Orleans area who are living with Autism.
- Donate. Support the work we do. Your support enables us to run our Information and Referral Program, our Annual Mini-Grant Program, and to continue to expand the services that we provide in the GNO area.
- Volunteer [link to opportunities where people may volunteer their time].
Working together, we can show the world how great different can be.
Having the skills and ability to swim is both fun AND important for safety! Many conventional swim lesson programs are not appropriate for individuals on the Autism Spectrum. ASGNO has compiled a list of all of the adaptive swim lesson programs suitable for individuals on the Autism Spectrum in the GNO area. CLICK HERE to see the list! If you have any questions,comments,concerns, or a program to add to this list please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is excited to announce two Family Game Night locations; one in Slidell and another in New Orleans! Family Game Night is an opportunity for children on the spectrum and their siblings to not only have fun but to learn while they are having fun. It is also an opportunity for parents to mingle and network with other parents. There will be an assortment of games with varying levels of physical activity, e.g., board games, interactive games, scavenger hunts, one-on-one, two-person or multi-player games. And there will be a variety of volunteers playing the games along with the children to assist with game instructions, rules, and modeling how to play the games appropriately. Come join us for some friendly family competition and some good ole fun! More information is available on our Family Game Night page.
Do you shop on Amazon.com? If so, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of all eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans when you shop at AmazonSmile. Just go to smile.amazon.com or click the banner below and simply log into your Amazon account. Then shop AND support the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans at the same time!
About Amazon Smile. AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
Use Discount Code ND-095 when booking a cruise with Autism on the Seas (AotS) and they will make a donation on your behalf to the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans (ASGNO)! And each family that uses the Donation Code will receive a $25 Onboard Credit for use during their cruise!
Book a 5 night (or longer) cruise and AotS will donate $100 to ASGNO. Book a 2-4 night cruise and AotS will donate $50 to ASGNO. All you have to do is use Discount Code ND-095 when booking your cruise. Donations will apply only to guests who have not cruised with Autism on the Seas in the past. Visit their website at www.AutismOnTheSeas.com for pricing, availability, and additional information.