The 2017 Mini Grant Program is now closed. Please check back later for updates pertaining to our 2018 Mini Grant Program! Sign up for our email subscription service if you would like updates on this program and all other upcoming events for the 2018 season!
The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is pleased to announce its 2017 Mini-Grant Program for teachers and families. Our Mini-Grant Program has been a huge success with many families and teachers from across the Greater New Orleans area receiving grants to help students with autism in their classrooms and children and adults with autism in their community.
Qualified families living in and teachers working in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, and St. Tammany Parishes may submit only one grant application proposal per year. Awards may not exceed $300.00 and may be awarded less than the requested amount.
Grant applications will be accepted beginning October 1, 2017 through October 31, 2017. Applications must be received or postmarked no later than October 31, 2017. Grant award recipients will be notified before Thanksgiving (November 23, 2017). Applications received or postmarked before October 1, 2017 or after October 31, 2017 are not eligible for consideration.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered eligible.Complete the Grant Application on the next page. Sign, date, and mail your completed Grant Application to ASGNO on or before October 31, 2017.
- Teachers are required to obtain their principal’s signature on the application and submit a copy of their teaching certificate with their application.
- Parents are required to submit an IEP page that includes both the name and the exceptionality of Autism or an assessment for Autism for the child for whom they are requesting funding.
- If you are requesting funding for assistive technology like a computer or iPad, you must attach a letter from your doctor or licensed therapist indicating how the device is expected to have a therapeutic benefit.
- All required documents (i.e., teaching certificate, IEP/Assessment of Autism, and Doctor/Therapist letter) must be submitted with the completed and signed Mini Grant application and be received or postmarked no later than October 31, 2017.
- Funds are to be used to purchase the specific or similar items stated in the application. If substitutions are needed that are not a similar substitution, prior approval must first be obtained from ASGNO.
- Any unspent funds are to be refunded to ASGNO.
- Mail Mini-Grant application to:
P.O. Box 7028
Metairie, LA 70010
Grant award recipients are to mail original receipts for all items purchased with the grant funds within 90 days of receipt of funds. If we do not receive your receipt, you will not be considered for future mini-grant awards. If you have been a Mini-Grant recipient in the past but did not submit the required receipts, you will not be eligible.
If you would like a Mini-Grant application sent to you, just call (504) 464-5733 or contact us via our website.