The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is pleased to announce its 2019 Mini-Grant Program for teachers and families. Our Mini-Grant Program has been a huge success with many families, individuals, and teachers from across the Greater New Orleans area receiving grants to help students with Autism in their classrooms and children and adults with Autism in their community.
Qualified families and individuals living in and teachers working in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, and St. Tammany Parishes may submit only one grant application proposal per year. In an effort to service more families, the maximum award amount has changed this year. Awards may not exceed $200.00 and may be awarded less than the requested amount.
How to Apply
Grant applications will be accepted beginning October 1, 2019 through October 31, 2019. Applications must be submitted no later than October 31, 2019. Grant award recipients will be notified before Thanksgiving (November 28, 2019). Applications received before October 1, 2019 or after October 31, 2019 are not eligible for consideration.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered eligible.
Mini-Grant applications will be completed online. Your application must be filled out completely and submitted with the correct documentation to be eligible. The grant application will be available on our website from midnight on October 1, 2019 until 11:59 pm on October 31, 2019. To receive updates on application availability please enroll in our email subscription.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have a parent complete the application on their behalf.
- All applications must include a list of the item(s) requested AND the amount requested. Failure to include these details could result in your application being deemed ineligible for consideration.
- Teachers are required to obtain their principal’s signature on THIS LETTER and submit a copy of the letter and a copy of their teaching certificate with their application.
- Parents and individuals are required to submit an IEP page that includes both the name and the exceptionality of Autism or an assessment for Autism for whom they are requesting funding either their child or themselves respectively.
- If you are requesting funding for assistive technology like a computer or iPad, you must attach a letter from your doctor or licensed therapist indicating how the device is expected to have a therapeutic benefit.
- All required documents (i.e., teaching certificate, IEP/Assessment of Autism, and Doctor/Therapist letter) must be submitted with the completed Mini Grant application no later than October 31, 2019.
- Funds are to be used to purchase the specific or similar items stated in the application. If substitutions are needed that are not a similar substitution, prior approval must first be obtained from ASGNO.
- Any unspent funds are to be refunded to ASGNO.
Please review our Mini-Grant Terms and Conditions HERE prior to filling out the application.
A link to the online application form will be available here on our website once the application window opens on October 1, 2019.
Grant award recipients are to mail original receipts for all items purchased with the grant funds within 90 days of receipt of funds. If we do not receive your receipt, you will not be considered for future mini-grant awards. If you have been a Mini-Grant recipient in the past but did not submit the required receipts, you will not be eligible. If you wish to become eligible for future grant years, please contact Claire Tibbetts at email@example.com to submit your past receipts.
If you need to mail your mini-grant application, please contact our Administrative Manager Claire Tibbetts at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Mailed applications must be postmarked between October 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018 to be eligible for consideration.