The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is pleased to announce its 2018 Mini-Grant Program for teachers and families. Our Mini-Grant Program has been a huge success with many families, individuals, and teachers from across the Greater New Orleans area receiving grants to help students with Autism in their classrooms and children and adults with Autism in their community.
Qualified families and individuals living in and teachers working in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, and St. Tammany Parishes may submit only one grant application proposal per year. Awards may not exceed $300.00 and may be awarded less than the requested amount.
How to Apply
Grant applications will be accepted beginning October 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018. Applications must be submitted no later than October 31, 2018. Grant award recipients will be notified before Thanksgiving (November 22, 2018). Applications received before October 1, 2018 or after October 31, 2018 are not eligible for consideration.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered eligible.
Mini-Grant applications will be completed online this year. Your application must be filled out completely and submitted with the correct documentation to be eligible. The grant application will be available on our website from midnight on October 1, 2018 until 11:59 pm on October 31, 2018. To receive updates on application availability please enroll in our email subscription.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have a parent complete the application on their behalf.
- Teachers are required to obtain their principal’s signature on THIS LETTER and submit a copy of the letter and a copy of their teaching certificate with their application.
- Parents and individuals are required to submit an IEP page that includes both the name and the exceptionality of Autism or an assessment for Autism for whom they are requesting funding either their child or themselves respectively.
- If you are requesting funding for assistive technology like a computer or iPad, you must attach a letter from your doctor or licensed therapist indicating how the device is expected to have a therapeutic benefit.
- All required documents (i.e., teaching certificate, IEP/Assessment of Autism, and Doctor/Therapist letter) must be submitted with the completed Mini Grant application no later than October 31, 2018.
- Funds are to be used to purchase the specific or similar items stated in the application. If substitutions are needed that are not a similar substitution, prior approval must first be obtained from ASGNO.
- Any unspent funds are to be refunded to ASGNO.
Grant award recipients are to mail original receipts for all items purchased with the grant funds within 90 days of receipt of funds. If we do not receive your receipt, you will not be considered for future mini-grant awards. If you have been a Mini-Grant recipient in the past but did not submit the required receipts, you will not be eligible.
The application will be posted on our website when the application period opens.
If you need to mail your mini-grant application, please contact our Administrative Manager Claire Tibbetts at email@example.com for assistance. Mailed applications must be postmarked between October 1, 2018 and October 31, 2018 to be eligible for consideration.