The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans has several documents available containing numerous resources to support individuals with Autism and their families. They include the following and can be view by clicking on each title.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD): State of the States of Services and Supports for People with ASD
- ASGNO Local Resource List
- Children’s Hospital – New Orleans 2013 Summer Camp Guide
- Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority Community 2012-13 Resource Directory
- National and State Behavior Resources
- Other Websites of interest
Families Helping Families Resource Centers
Families Helping Families is a statewide network of ten family-directed and family-staffed regional resource centers which provide information on all types of services, goods, technologies, and activities that improve the quality of life in the community; help individuals understand their rights and how to advocate for themselves; and lend support from someone “who has been there.”
- Families Helping Families of Jefferson, Inc. – www.fhfjefferson.org
- Families Helping Families of Southeast Louisiana – www.fhfsela.org
- Northshore Families Helping Families, Inc. – www.fhfnorthshore.org
Regional Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD)
- Florida Parishes Human Services Authority – www.fphsa.org
- Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority – www.jphsa.org
- Metropolitan Human Services District – www.mhsdla.org
A + Autism Support GroupContact Name: Andi Chauvin Phone: 504-737-8954
Teaching Ours the Activities of Living (T.O.T.A.L.) (New Orleans). A monthly support group for parents and caregivers of children and adults diagnosed with autism and developmental disabilities. TOTAL meets the third Saturday of each month at 2:00 p.m. inside Contractor’s Advocate.4703 Downman Rd., New Orleans, LA 70126 Phone: (504) 272-1740 Email: email@example.com
Tuesday Morning Parent Support Group (Metairie). A support group for parents of children who have Autism Spectrum Disorder. Parents will meet others having similar life experiences. It is a place to learn about resources from others and share what works for your family. This group is led by Dr. Laurie Olson as a community service. There is no fee. Dr. Olson has had many years of experience working with local teachers of students with autism. She is reaching out to parents with this group, something she has long wanted to do.
When: The meetings are held once a month on the second Tuesday of the month from 9:30 a.m. – 10:45 a.m.
Please Register: Space is limited! So please Email Dr. Olson when you plan to attend so she can let you know if there is room for you. She is happy to answer any questions you may have about the group.
Slidell Morning ASD Support Meeting. Meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
St. Tammany ASD Support Meeting. Meets the 2nd Wednesday of every month from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 Noon. For more information, contact email@example.com.
Tangipahoa Morning ASD Support Meeting. Meets the 1st Monday of every month from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.orgCrossroads Church 1006 North Oak St. Hammond, LA