The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans has several documents available containing numerous resources to support individuals with Autism and their families. They include the following and can be view by clicking on each title.
- 2016 Guide to Summer Fun for Families
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD): State of the States of Services and Supports for People with ASD
- ASGNO Local Resource List
- Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority Community 2012-13 Resource Directory
- LSUHSC Greater New Orleans Autism Spectrum Resource Guide
- National and State Behavior Resources
- Recreation Resource Guide for the Gulf South Region
- Other Websites of interest
Families Helping Families Resource Centers
Families Helping Families is a statewide network of ten family-directed and family-staffed regional resource centers which provide information on all types of services, goods, technologies, and activities that improve the quality of life in the community; help individuals understand their rights and how to advocate for themselves; and lend support from someone “who has been there.”
- Families Helping Families of Jefferson, Inc. – www.fhfjefferson.org
- Families Helping Families of Southeast Louisiana – www.fhfsela.org
- Northshore Families Helping Families, Inc. – www.fhfnorthshore.org
Regional Office for Citizens with Developmental Disabilities (OCDD)
- Florida Parishes Human Services Authority – www.fphsa.org
- Jefferson Parish Human Services Authority – www.jphsa.org
- Metropolitan Human Services District – www.mhsdla.org
Contact Name: Andi Chauvin
For caregivers of those diagnosed with Autism/ADD/ADHD provides support as well as information on biomedical treatments used for those diagnosed with ASD. A guest speaker may be invited some months to educate on a related topic. They meet the 3rd Saturday of each month at 2:00 p.m. at St. Francis Xavier Church, 444 Metairie Rd., Metairie, LA. Please contact email@example.com for more information and topic of upcoming meeting.
A group for people who are diagnosed or self-diagnosed with Adult Asperger’s/High-Functioning Autism that are interested in a peer group for sharing stories, providing resources and finding a safe place to give and get support. They meet once a month on Saturday mornings, or more frequently if they want to organize outings.
Meets the 3rd Wednesday of every month from 9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Slidell Memorial Hospital Parenting Center
2nd floor Classroom, SMH Wellness Pavilion
501 Robert Ave Blvd., Slidell, LA
Meets the 1st Monday of every month from 7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. For more information, contact: email@example.com.
1006 North Oak St.