Families Helping Families of Greater New Orleans hosts many free webinars each month! Head on over to their site to see what’s going on. The Parent Training and Information center also has a number of free E-Learning Mini-Modules that are always available.
The LASARD Project through the LSU Health Sciences Center has Autism Learning Modules available. They also host monthly webinars. Sign up for their mailing list in the sidebar to receive information about upcoming webinars!
Northshore Families Helping Families hosts a number of monthly webinars on a variety of topics.
Families Helping Families NOLA frequently partners with the MHSD to offer webinars about their services and other services available in the area. They also host general informational webinars as well.
7 Special Needs Parenting Podcasts Worth Listening To. These podcasts touch on topics related to parenting children with physical, developmental, emotional, and intellectual needs. Some are still releasing new episodes and others exist as an online archive of listenable interviews and information just waiting for you.
Autism Spectrum Disorder: Evidence-Informed Family Supportive Services. LSU Health Sciences Center’s Psychiatry department hosted a free online webinar, “Autism Spectrum Disorder: Evidence-Informed Family Supportive Services.” The online workshop features several topics related to ASD and its impact on families. It involves both research and clinical perspectives on the need for family supportive services, as well as helpful information and problem-solving strategies to mitigate common issues for families living with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In addition, the webinar also linked a copy of the draft to the ongoing Autism Spectrum Disorder manual for professionals and clinicians working with families with Autism. Upon viewing, please complete their evaluation form as well found at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/W78R9CF.
The Autism Society of North Carolina features a series of webinars that are either free or a small $10 fee for a 90 day viewing period. Gaining knowledge is the first step to providing the proper care and support! Please take advantage of such an amazing offering! And a big THANK YOU to Autism Society of North Carolina for sharing this with the public and caring about our community. For more information visit https://www.autismsociety-nc.org/online-webinars/. Some of the webinars the Autism Society of North Carolina offers include:
- Safety Considerations for Caregivers of Those with ASD. This workshop covers general safety considerations for parents, family members, and community caregivers of individuals with autism. – FREE
- IEP Basics: Frequently Asked Questions. This workshop covers the most basic questions asked about the IEP (Individualized Education Program) process. It was designed for a short time frame but provides very helpful information for parents. – FREE
- The 3 Most Important Questions on Your IEP. At the start of developing an Individualized Education Program (IEP), parents are asked three questions. Learn what they are and how to be prepared to answer them and build the best IEP for your child. – $10
- Smoothing the Transition Back to School. This webinar is designed to help families develop strategies that will make the transition back to school much easier. – $10
- Taking Autism on the Road. This workshop helps parents of young children with autism learn strategies to manage medical appointments and other outings less stressful for everyone. – FREE
- Guardianship: What You Need to Know. This workshop presents basic information about guardianship: What is it? Who needs it? How to set it up? What are the alternatives? This workshop is designed as a tool to help parents in making this decision about their family situation. – FREE
- Preparing for College Starts at Home. Often when we think about college preparation, we think of what needs to happen in school. But many aspects of college life happen outside of the classroom. This presentation will discuss non-academic skills essential for college success and offer ideas for working on them at home. – $10
- Residential Options for Adults with Autism. This webinar provides a starting point for parents to plan for the adult phase of parenting a child on the autism spectrum. Factual information is presented on current residential options ranging from independent living to a group setting. – $10
Autism Risk and Safety Management has several videos to assist with training first responders as well as families and individuals on the spectrum.
What Disability Advocates Need to Know about New WIOA Equal Opportunity Provisions | LEAD Center. This webinar will help you learn what disability advocates need to know about changes in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act’s (WIOA’s) Equal Opportunity Provisions (Section 188). Hear directly from the Department of Labor’s Civil Rights Center and Office of Disability Employment Policy staff about changes to the provisions, DOL’s Promising Practices in Achieving Universal Access and Equal Opportunity: A Section 188 Disability Reference Guide and how the state of Missouri is using the Disability Reference Guide to promote equal opportunity and the inclusion of people with disabilities in workforce services.