The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is dedicated to improving the lives of all affected by autism. To further this mission during the global crisis brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, ASGNO is offering a variety of virtual programs and resources aimed to decrease feelings of isolation, boredom, and stress for the families in our area. We are working diligently to expand what we are able to offer during this time, so check back frequently!
- Share our posts and infographics on social media as we post them throughout the month
- Share information about the Autism Society and how our affiliate and others are advocating for and serving our communities
- Contact your legislators to let them know what issues are important to you and your family
- Share your family’s story with the hashtag #CelebrateDifferences
- Promote local businesses with inclusive policies
- Follow one new self-advocate (or self-advocacy organization) on social media and share their information
- We need YOU to Take the Pledge today to raise or donate $50 to support The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans and help us meet our fundraising goal of $3000 this month
- Sign up for action alerts through the Autism Society Action Center and the LADDC
- If you own a business, make it a goal to adopt radically inclusive hiring practices by the end of 2020.
Join us on Sunday, December 15 from 9am – 11am for a Sensory Sensitive Breakfast with Santa experience at the beautiful English Turn Golf Course! There is a limited number of tickets available and the deadline for ticket sales is Sunday, December 8 so buy your tickets now before time (or availability) runs out!
The cost to attend is $20 per person (Under 3 is free). Siblings are also encouraged to attend and will be included in the gift-giving.
Join us on the 2nd Thursday of every month at Chick-fil-A Harvey at 1128 Manhattan Blvd. in Harvey, LA between 4:00 PM and 9:00 PM. Let them know when you place your order (in-store or in the drive thru) that you are with the Autism Society and we’ll get a percentage of your sale donated directly to us!
If you believe like we do that celebrating differences is great then help support the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans. When you get involved, you can make a difference in the lives of those living with autism. Here’s how you can get involved:
Stay in the Know
- Sign up to receive the latest information and resources through our e-newsletter.
- Follow The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans on
- Talk to your Loved Ones
- Start a conversation today. Simply by talking about autism and the important steps people can take to help will show support for individuals and families living with autism.
- Link to downloadable pocket guide
- Use your voice. Take action and stand up for individuals and families living with autism.
Learn about the issues impacting individuals and families living with autism.
- Check out all of the amazing resources provided by Families Helping Families of Greater New Orleans
- Contact our Autism Helpline by calling us at 504-464-5733 OR by emailing us at email@example.com. We are here to help you find resources and services in our local area, provide information and education, and offer support to all in the Greater New Orleans area who are living with Autism.
- Donate. Support the work we do. Your support enables us to run our Information and Referral Program, our Annual Mini-Grant Program, and to continue to expand the services that we provide in the GNO area.
- Volunteer [link to opportunities where people may volunteer their time].
Working together, we can show the world how great different can be.
The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is excited to announce two Family Game Night locations; one in Slidell and another in New Orleans! Family Game Night is an opportunity for children on the spectrum and their siblings to not only have fun but to learn while they are having fun. It is also an opportunity for parents to mingle and network with other parents. There will be an assortment of games with varying levels of physical activity, e.g., board games, interactive games, scavenger hunts, one-on-one, two-person or multi-player games. And there will be a variety of volunteers playing the games along with the children to assist with game instructions, rules, and modeling how to play the games appropriately. Come join us for some friendly family competition and some good ole fun! More information is available on our Family Game Night page.