The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is dedicated to improving the lives of all affected by autism. To further this mission during the global crisis brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic, ASGNO is offering a variety of virtual programs and resources aimed to decrease feelings of isolation, boredom, and stress for the families in our area. We are working diligently to expand what we are able to offer during this time, so check back frequently!
- Share our posts and infographics on social media as we post them throughout the month
- Share information about the Autism Society and how our affiliate and others are advocating for and serving our communities
- Contact your legislators to let them know what issues are important to you and your family
- Share your family’s story with the hashtag #CelebrateDifferences
- Promote local businesses with inclusive policies
- Follow one new self-advocate (or self-advocacy organization) on social media and share their information
- We need YOU to Take the Pledge today to raise or donate $50 to support The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans and help us meet our fundraising goal of $3000 this month
- Sign up for action alerts through the Autism Society Action Center and the LADDC
- If you own a business, make it a goal to adopt radically inclusive hiring practices by the end of 2020.
If you believe like we do that celebrating differences is great then help support the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans. When you get involved, you can make a difference in the lives of those living with autism. Here’s how you can get involved:
Stay in the Know
- Sign up to receive the latest information and resources through our e-newsletter.
- Follow The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans on
- Talk to your Loved Ones
- Start a conversation today. Simply by talking about autism and the important steps people can take to help will show support for individuals and families living with autism.
- Link to downloadable pocket guide
- Use your voice. Take action and stand up for individuals and families living with autism.
Learn about the issues impacting individuals and families living with autism.
- Check out all of the amazing resources provided by Families Helping Families of Greater New Orleans
- Contact our Autism Helpline by calling us at 504-464-5733 OR by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help you find resources and services in our local area, provide information and education, and offer support to all in the Greater New Orleans area who are living with Autism.
- Donate. Support the work we do. Your support enables us to run our Information and Referral Program, our Annual Mini-Grant Program, and to continue to expand the services that we provide in the GNO area.
- Volunteer [link to opportunities where people may volunteer their time].
Working together, we can show the world how great different can be.
Make your voice heard! On Thursday, March 16, 2017, the Autism Society will join with advocates across the country for a National Medicaid Call-in Day to raise awareness about proposed changes to Medicaid’s funding structure in the American Health Care Act (AHCA). The AHCA, the replacement bill for Obamacare, will cut an estimated $880 billion from the Medicaid program over a ten year period. The Autism Society recently expressed our opposition to the Medicaid provisions in the bill due to the devastating impact it could have on people with disabilities.
Without action, many of the Medicaid programs that benefit individuals and families affected by autism will cease to exist and wait lists will grow to unprecedented levels. Massive cuts to Medicaid will have disastrous effects on those who need help most. These cuts impact services and supports people with disabilities and their families rely on to be contributing members of society and live independent, and fulfilling lives. Take a stand tomorrow and let Congress know you will not watch while Medicaid goes by the wayside. Call your Member of Congress (202-224-3121) on Thursday, March 16 and tell them to oppose the proposed Medicaid cuts in the AHCA!
Now is the time to act. Together we can make a difference! Read more about what you can do.
We would like to extend a huge THANK YOU to Profit Kustoms, the sponsors, and all who attended and helped raise $3,463 at the 4th Annual Big Easy Showdown that was held on Sunday, November 6, 2016 at Zephyr Stadium on Airline Dr. The event was opened to cars, trucks, bikes, and special interest; featured everyone’s favorite MC, “Toasta” Oscar M. Gale; and held special activities for the kids.
4th Annual Big Easy Showdown Sponsors: Title Sponsor Rimtyme Custom Wheels NOLA, The Design Doctor, Garage X, ForPlay Customs, Underrated Kustomz, RPM Graphics, Live Canvas Tattoo Parlour, Custom Plug Love, Ground Zero Kustomz, Douglas Cook Enterprises LLC, AutoGras, Perfectly Posh, Down SouthRollers, Misfits Nola, Empire Products Automotive Paint & Supply, and Star Fireworks, LLC.