As we endure the second wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, this December our main focus will be to continue providing urgent COVID-19 resources, as well as holiday support. We have also included relevant policy information for the upcoming legislative goals and transition.
This holiday season will be different due to social distancing guidelines, which may leave some feeling lonely or anxious. These resources are to help you find ways to celebrate safely while still connecting with loved ones.
- CDC Guidelines on Holiday Gatherings
- Holiday Travel & Safety: 5 Things We Know
- 5 Ways to Prepare for Your First Holiday Alone
- Loneliness and The Holidays
- Twelve Tips for HelpingIndividuals with Autism Have a Happy Holiday Season
- Use Amazon Smile Link to Donate to Autism Society as you Shop
- 16 Best Sensory Toys for Kids That’ll Ignite Their Senses
- Facebook Live Episode on Bereavement with Elizabeth Graham
- Mental Health & Respite section of Autism Society COVID-19 Toolkit
- Autism Society Downloadable Social Stories
- Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times
- Modifying Routines section of Autism Society COVID-19 Toolkit
- Check out our most recent IGNITE! Autism Society Policy Newsletter
- See the Autism Society FB live discussion regarding the election outcome.
- The Biden-Harris transition website outlines four main themes for their transition goals
- The president elect announced the formation of the Transition COVID-19 Advisory Board
- The Autism Society signed on to the Consortium for Citizens with Disabilities (CCD) principles to ensure equitable distribution of COVID vaccines.
- The Autism Society also signed on to CCD comments provided to the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
- Celebrate the 45th #IDEAAnniversary (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) by sharing this video