The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is pleased to announce our 2020 Mini-Grant Program for teachers and families. Over the last 10 years our Mini-Grant Program has provided more than $100,000 in direct assistance to families, and individuals affected by autism, and teachers who serve individuals with autism in the Greater New Orleans area
Qualified families and individuals living in and teachers working in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, Washington, and St. Tammany Parishes may submit only one grant application proposal per year. Awards may not exceed $200.00 and may be awarded less than the requested amount. If you were impacted by Hurricane Zeta and live in our service area, please apply for this program, not the Storm Relief Mini-Grants for Hurricanes Laura and Delta.
How to Apply For our 2020 Mini-Grant Program
Grant applications will be accepted beginning November 4th, 2020 through November 28, 2020. Applications must be submitted no later than November 28, 2020. Grant award recipients will be notified by mail. Applications received before November 4th 2020 or after November 28st, 2020 are not eligible for consideration.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered eligible.
Mini-Grant applications will be completed online. Your application must be filled out completely and submitted with the correct documentation to be eligible. The grant application will be available on our website from midnight on November 4th, 2020 until 11:59 pm November 28, 2020. To receive updates on application availability please enroll in our email subscription.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have a parent complete the application on their behalf.
- All applications must include a list of the requested items with prices and links, and the total amount requested. Failure to include these details could result in your application being deemed ineligible for consideration.
- Applicant must specifically ask for a service provided by licensed/accredited individuals and/or agencies (ie: ABA therapy, Butterfly Effects), OR an item needed to support specific applicable and attainable goals (an iPad from Wal-Mart to assist with fine motor skills or communication). Other requests may be considered if they have a defensible reasoning and clear benefit to the individual(s) with autism (such as funds to attend a camp, social group, or other social/educational program, or funds to purchase items to support student learning).
- If you were impacted by Hurricane Zeta, please note that in the appropriate field.
- We do not approve grant applications requesting funds for groceries, gas, rent, utilities, non-specialty clothing and house supplies. If you have a question about if the item(s) or service(s) you wish to apply for are approvable, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting your application.
- Teachers are required to obtain their principal’s signature on THIS LETTER and submit a copy of the letter and a copy of their teaching certificate with their application.
- Parents and individuals are required to submit an IEP page that includes both the name and the exceptionality of Autism or an assessment for Autism dated within the last 5 years for whom they are requesting funding either their child or themselves respectively.
- If you are requesting funding for assistive technology like a computer or iPad, you must attach a letter from your doctor or licensed therapist indicating how the device is expected to have a therapeutic benefit.
- All required documents (i.e., teaching certificate, IEP/Assessment of Autism, and Doctor/Therapist letter) must be submitted with the completed Mini Grant application.
- Funds are to be used to purchase the items requested in the application if a substitution must be made, you must contact ASGNO for approval prior to purchase.
- Any unspent funds are to be refunded to ASGNO.
Please review our Mini-Grant Terms and Conditions HERE prior to filling out the application.
Grant award recipients are to submit receipts via our online form for all items purchased with the grant funds within 90 days of receipt of funds. If we do not receive your receipt, you will not be considered for future mini-grant awards. If you have been a Mini-Grant recipient in the past but did not submit the required receipts, you will not be eligible. If you wish to become eligible for future grant years, please contact Claire Tibbetts at email@example.com to submit your past receipts.
If you need to mail your mini-grant application, please contact our Administrative Manager Claire Tibbetts at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Mailed applications must be postmarked between November 4th, 2020 through November 21, 2020 to be eligible for consideration.