The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is pleased to announce our 2022 Mini-Grant Program for families of people with Autism, and Autistic individuals. Over the last 10 years our Mini-Grant Program has provided more than $100,000 in direct assistance to families, and Autistic individuals in the Greater New Orleans area. The application link will be posted on this page at 9 AM on October 10th, 2022.
Qualified families and individuals living in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, Washington, and St. Tammany Parishes may submit only one grant application proposal per year. Awards may not exceed $300.00 and may be awarded less than the requested amount.
How to Apply For our 2022 Mini-Grant Program
Grant applications will be accepted beginning October 10th, 2022 through November 10th, 2022. Applications must be submitted no later than November 10th, 2022. Grant award recipients will be notified by mail. Applications received before October 10th 2022 or after November 10th, 2022 are not eligible for consideration.
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered eligible.
Mini-Grant applications will be completed online. Your application must be filled out completely and submitted with the correct documentation to be eligible. The grant application will be available on our website from 9 am on October 10th, 2022 until 11:59 pm November 10, 2022. To receive updates on application availability please enroll in our email subscription.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have a parent complete the application on their behalf.
- All applications must include a list of the requested items with prices and links, and the total amount requested. Failure to include these details could result in your application being deemed ineligible for consideration.
- Applicant must specifically ask for a service provided by licensed/accredited individuals and/or agencies (ie: ABA therapy, Butterfly Effects), OR an item needed to support specific applicable and attainable goals (an iPad from Wal-Mart to assist with fine motor skills or communication). Other requests may be considered if they have a defensible reasoning and clear benefit to the individual(s) with autism (such as funds to attend a camp, social group, or other social/educational program, or funds to purchase items to support student learning).
- We do not approve grant applications requesting funds for groceries, gas, rent, utilities, non-specialty clothing and house supplies. If you have a question about if the item(s) or service(s) you wish to apply for are approvable, please contact us at email@example.com prior to submitting your application.
- Applicants are required to submit an IEP page that includes both the name and the exceptionality of Autism or an assessment for Autism dated within the last 5 years for whom they are requesting funding either their child or themselves respectively.
- If you are requesting funding for assistive technology like a computer or iPad, you must attach a letter from your doctor or licensed therapist indicating how the device is expected to have a therapeutic benefit.
- You must upload a document confirming you are a resident of one of the eligible parishes. A State-Issued ID, Utility bill with your name, Lease, or other documents that show both your name and address are acceptable.
- All required documents (i.e. IEP/Assessment of Autism, and Doctor/Therapist letter, residency verification) must be submitted with the completed Mini Grant application.
- Funds are to be used to purchase the items requested in the application if a substitution must be made, you must contact ASGNO for approval prior to purchase.
- Any unspent funds are to be refunded to ASGNO.
- Please review our Mini-Grant Terms and Conditions HERE prior to filling out the application.
Grant award recipients are to submit receipts via our online form for all items purchased with the grant funds within 90 days of receipt of funds. If we do not receive your receipt, you will not be considered for future mini-grant awards. If you have been a Mini-Grant recipient in the past but did not submit the required receipts, you will not be eligible. If you wish to become eligible for future grant years, please contact Claire Tibbetts at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your past receipts.
If you need to mail your mini-grant application, please contact our Executive Director Claire Tibbetts at email@example.com for assistance. Mailed applications must be postmarked between October 10th through November 3rd 2022 to be eligible for consideration.