Hurricane Ida has ravished our area.
To try to help, the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans gave out $400 emergency disaster grants to autistic individuals and families. The response to our Emergency Disaster Relief grants has been immense and we have given away $10,000 to individuals and families in just about an hour. Clearly this program has addressed a dire need for the community.
Please, if you can, consider donating to our organization through the donate button below, or this Facebook fundraiser to help fund additional grants. If you would like to sponsor one or more full grants, please contact Claire (email@example.com) or Alicia (firstname.lastname@example.org) for sponsorship opportunities.
Grant Eligibility Guidelines:
To be eligible for one of our $400 Hurricane Ida Recovery Mini-Grants applicant MUST:
- Live in one of the parishes in our service area impacted by Hurricane Ida (Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, St. Charles, St. James, St. John the Baptist, Washington)
- Have an immediate family member in the home who is autistic, or be an autistic individual themselves.
- Be able to receive the funds via PayPal disbursement
- Submit only one application per family
- Grants will be awarded on a first come-first served basis, additional slots will be opened if we are able to secure additional funding.
Funds can be spent on:
- Evacuation Expenses
- Expenses relating to repair or replacement of damaged items or property
- Any other purchases related to storm recovery that improves the quality of life of the family and/or autistic individual
We will be collecting receipts electronically once the immediate crisis has passed, grant recipients should make an effort to retain records of what the grant funds were spent on. Photos of the receipts ARE acceptable for submission. The receipts are necessary for our records so we can identify the impact our funds had.