This May, our focus will be on Mental Health Awareness Month, providing support resources, statistics, and information for inclusive summer activities; additionally, we’ll continue emphasizing COVID-19 education and general COVID-19 support. Our policy resources review President Biden’s American Rescue Plan, provide details about the virtual Disability Policy Seminar held this past April, and information about the Competitive Integrated Employment Act.
Mental Health Awareness Month
- Science Daily: Mental health conditions alarmingly high among children with autism, study finds
- Amaze: Autism and mental health
- Spectrum News: Analysis pins down prevalence of mental health conditions in autism
- Suicideology: Crisis Supports for the Autism Community
- AARP: Caregiver Burnout: Steps for Coping With Stress
Inclusive Summer Activities
- Summertime Socialization and Skill Building
- Autism Travel
- 21 Interesting And Fun Activities For Teenagers With Autism
- 10 Hobbies and Activities to Enjoy With Your Autistic Child
- Mental Health & Respite
- Coping with Stress
- We need better strategies to support autistic people as the COVID-19 crisis continues
- Chris Banks Discusses Mental Health During COVID-19 Crisis with Dr. Cathy Pratt
- Preventing & Spotting Psychiatric Crisis
- “Preventing & Spotting Psychiatric Crisis,” Christopher Banks, CEO & President of the Autism Society of America, and Dr. Bennett Leventhal
- My Hana Autism FB Live Episode
- President Biden passed the American Rescue Plan to provide assistance during the pandemic. Learn how to access your benefits.
- Advocate for your state and community for the American Rescue Plan to directly impact those with autism and their families.
- The virtual 2021 Disability Policy Seminar was held from April 19th – 22nd. See the fact sheet from the seminar.
- Read the Summary of the Competitive Integrated Employment Act introduced in March 2021.
- Check out April’sIgnite newsletter containing a summary of President Biden’s 2022 Budget outline.
- Read March’s Ignite newsletter including an analysis of President Biden’s American Rescue plan.
If you need any assistance with resources, you can call our helpline at 504-603-6548 and leave a message, or send us an email at email@example.com and we will assist you.
A donation of $20 provides one hour of personalized information and referral services to up to 5 area individuals and families. Donate today to support our mission and the families we serve.