The Autism Society of America will be proudly celebrating, supporting and empowering caregivers across the country in honor of National Caregivers Month. This month will also shine a spotlight on several other topics including Giving Tuesday, continued COVID-19 support and tips to stay healthy throughout flu season.
National Caregivers Month Related Resources: Future Planning & Respite
- Autism Society: Future Planning: Information about guardianship, Special Needs Trust, Letter of Intent, Will & More.
- Autism Society: Caregiver Aging Preparation Tips
- Autism Parenting Magazine: How to Talk to Family About Long Term Care for Sibling with Special Needs
- ARCH: Providing & Receiving Respite Care during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- ARCH: Lifespan Respite Programs by State
- Autism Support Network: Tips for respite & self-care for Caretakers
- Autism Society: COVID-19 Toolkit: Mental Health & Respite
- BCCES: 15 Behavior Strategies for Children on the Autism Spectrum
With cases steadily rising across the country, these will be valuable resources to have in your pocket as we head into winter.
- Self-Advocacy: Plain Language about COVID-19
- What to do if you’ve lost your health insurance
- Preparing Your Child with Austim for a Hospital Visit
- CDC Testing Information
- WHO: Facts & Resources
- How to Protect Your Mental Health during Social Distancing
- Supporting Individuals with Autism through Uncertain Times
Staying Healthy during Flu Season
- Where to get a flu vaccine
- Healthy Habits to Help Prevent Flu
- 12 Ways to Stay Healthy During Cold & Flu Season
- Flu season 2020: Why the flu shot is more important than ever
- The Autism Society of Southern Arizona has partnered up with PLAYFORMANCE to host virtual meet-ups for teens with Autism for a fun and interactive experience from the comfort of home.
- The Autism Society of Central Virginia is hosting a conference series of weekly presentations featuring topics for self-advocates, caregivers, and professionals, providing valuable information and resources for the autism community.
- The Autism Society of San Diego successfully hosted their first ever online talent competition and fundraiser to showcase the talents of children and adults diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Check out this year’s winner, DJ Jonah “J The King” Parks from Carlsbad.