The Autism Society of America and the Autism Society of Greater New Orleans are proud to recognize October 2020 as the 75th-anniversary celebration of National Disability Employment Awareness Month, as well as the final push toward voting registration and election information before the November 3 Election.
Our October 2020 Toolkit focuses on the continuation of our voter registration campaign, as well as providing relevant, practical resources for professionals and advocates to assist in finding employment opportunities for individuals on the autism spectrum. This month, we hope to provide the autism community with the resources necessary to navigate both employment and the 2020 Election in the wake of COVID-19.
- U.S. Office of Disability Employment Policy’s National Disability Employment Awareness Month overview
- History and Vision for N.D.E.A.M. by the Library of Congress
- National Disability Rights Network’s NDEAM Celebration Stories, a collection of stories which highlight individuals with disabilities who are successfully employed in the community.
- #WorkWithUs Coalition to Advance Competitive Integrated Employment – resources and organizations dedicated to competitive integrated employment
- The Spectrum Careers – employment resources for individuals on the autism spectrum
- National Library Service for the Blind and Print Disabled’s Employment Resources
- State of Louisiana State as a Model Employer information
2020 Election Resources
- Autism Society’s 2020 Election Homepage
- Autism Society’s Election Center: sample ballot and registration information by simply putting in zip code.
- AAPD #CriptheVote Presidential Election 101: Information about all Candidates Platform and History related to Disability Policy.
- #CripTheVote – AARP Blogabout Presidential Candidates and related disability policy information.
- Autism Society Legislative Goals: Brochure available for print.
- Autism Society Policy Agenda
- Absentee Voting Information – an option to vote from your home and mail in the ballot. Find information on absentee voting for your state at the Election Center.
- SARTAC (Self Advocacy Resource and Technical Assistance Center) -opportunity for self-advocates to develop and grow their skills as leaders in the self-advocacy movement.
- ASAN: A Self-Advocate’s Guide to Voting in the U.S’s toolkit focusing on the process of voting and understanding how to prepare to vote on election day.
- Autism Society of Texas El Paso’s 21st Annual Virtual Conference for Parents on Autism, featuring a segment on Autism & Employment
- The Work and College Accommodations Seminar, featuring Autism Society Ventura County President, Carly Fulgham