How to apply for our Hurricane Laura and Delta Relief Mini-Grants.
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 28TH
The Autism Society of Greater New Orleans is dedicated to improving the lives of all affected by autism. During this exceptional time, our commitment to our mission has compelled us to offer direct assistance in the form of $100 mini-grants to families and individuals affected by autism who were victims of Hurricane Laura and/or Hurricane Delta. If you are displaced from the storm, contact us so we can be sure that you have a valid mailing address prior to applying as our grant responses are sent out via mail.
PLEASE NOTE: If you were impacted by Hurricane Zeta, you most likely live in our service area and should apply for our Regular 2020 Mini-Grant program
Please read and follow the instructions carefully. Incomplete submissions will not be considered eligible.
Storm Relief Mini-Grant applications will be completed online. The application will be available from November 4th, 2020 through November 28, 2020. Applications received outside this window will not be considered. Your application must be filled out completely and submitted with the correct documentation to be eligible.
- Individuals under 18 years old must have a parent complete the application on their behalf.
- Parents and individuals are required to submit an IEP page that includes both the name and the exceptionality of Autism or an assessment for Autism dated within the last 5 years for whom they are requesting funding either their child or themselves respectively.
- You must submit documentation showing proof of residency in one of the parishes identified for individual assistance by FEMA for Hurricanes Laura and/or Delta. This includes an image of your state-issued ID containing your address, a lease or mortgage paperwork, utility bills, or any other documentation that shows your impacted address.
- You must have been significantly impacted by Hurricane Laura and/or Delta, priority will be given to applicants with the greatest need.
- You must request items that further your recovery from Hurricane Laura and/or Delta and have a clear benefit for the individual with autism. If you have any questions about if your desired request is approvable, please contact us at email@example.com prior to submitting your application.
- Funds are to be used to purchase the items requested in the application if a substitution must be made, you must contact ASGNO for approval prior to purchase.
- Any unspent funds are to be refunded to ASGNO.
Grant award recipients are to submit receipts via our online form for all items purchased with the grant funds within 90 days of receipt of funds.